1. I’m left-handed.
2. I’ve had severe asthma since third grade.
3. My favorite authors are Shakespeare, L.M. Montgomery, Madeline Miller, Ernest Hemingway, Sylvia Plath, Margaret Atwood, and Curtis Sittenfeld. My favorite kidlit authors are Jenny Han, Raquel Vasquez Gilliland, Laurel Snyder, Jason Reynolds, and Anna-Marie McLemore.
4. I live in West Texas because of the Air Force.
5. I’m a swimmer. I swam in high school and college. My favorite event is the 200 free.
6. I went to college for English Education and taught middle and high school English for eight years. I coached the swim teams too.
7. I have three kids, a rescue beagle, and a rescue dachshund. It’s a loud house.
8. I am a feminist. I believe in the political, economic, and social equality of all. I write books with feminist characters who also believe this. I write for kids because kids are better than adults. It’s a fact.
9. Growing up, I lived on a farm with chickens and horses. Goats and cows are my favorite. When I was in kindergarten, I wanted a pig. I never got that pig.
10. I like pepperoni pizza and cheeseburgers and cheese fries and most foods with cheese. I hate mushrooms.
11. I’m Catholic, and when I was in middle school, I wanted to be a saint when I grew up. Never became a saint.
12. I like pop music and indie movies. I like art that makes me see the world differently. I like art that changes my life. I like happy ever afters.
13. I curse too much. I’m working on it. Not really.
Shannon Doleski was born and raised in Cazenovia, New York. After graduating from Niagara University with an English Education degree, Shannon was an English teacher and swim coach in New York and Maryland. She lives in West Texas with her three children, a speckle-eared beagle, and an ornery dachshund. Visit her author website at www.shannondoleski.com.
Repped by Veronica Park at Fuse Literary