Thirteen Lucky Facts about Me, Shannon
1. I’m left-handed.
2. I’ve had severe asthma since third grade.
3. My favorite authors are Shakespeare, L.M. Montgomery, Ernest Hemingway, Sylvia Plath, Margaret Atwood, Shannon Hale, and Curtis Sittenfeld. My favorite YA authors are Jenny Han, April Tucholke, E. Lockhart, and Anna-Marie McLemore.
4. My husband is a social worker in the Air Force, and we move around the world. Right now, home is West Texas.
5. I’m a swimmer. I swam in high school and college. I met my husband on the Niagara University swim team. My favorite event is the 200 free.
6. I went to college for English Education and taught middle and high school English for eight years. I coached the swim teams too.
7. I have three kids and a rescue beagle. The dog is named after my favorite author. The kids are named after family members.
8. I am a feminist. I believe in the political, economic, and social equality of all. I write books with feminist characters who also believe this. I write for kids because kids are better than adults. It’s a fact.
9. Growing up, I lived on a farm with chickens and horses. Goats and cows are my favorite. When I was in kindergarten, I wanted a pig. Never got that pig.
10. I like pepperoni pizza and cheeseburgers and cheese fries and most foods with cheese. I hate mushrooms.
11. I’m Catholic, and when I was in middle school, I wanted to be a saint when I grew up. Never became a saint.
12. I like pop music and indie movies. I like art that makes me see the world differently. I like art that changes my life. I like happy ever afters.
13. I curse too much. I’m working on it. Not really.
Shannon Doleski was born and raised in Cazenovia, New York. After graduating from Niagara University with an English Education degree, Shannon was an English teacher and swim coach in New York and Maryland. She and her family live in West Texas. Visit her author website at www.shannondoleski.com.
Repped by Veronica Park at Fuse Literary